Sun, 11 Aug|
Westbury Arts Centre
Intermediate Learn to Make a Skirt Day or a pair of PJ bottoms day using a commercial pattern
This day is for those who are confident using their sewing machine but want to learn to sew something using a paper pattern.
Time & Location
11 Aug 2024, 10:15 – 16:00
Westbury Arts Centre, Foxcovert Road, Shenley Wood, Milton Keynes MK5 6AA
About the Event
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
This day is for those who are confident using their sewing machine but want to learn to sew something using a paper pattern. You may have previously attended one of my beginners sewing machine classes, in which case this class is the perfect next step. Or you might want to be part of a social sewing group and enjoy the fun of creating with like-minded people.
During the 5-hour day (half an hour is allowed for lunch and a bit of time either end of the day for set up and clear up) Steph will explain what the info on a paper pattern means and how to interpret it.
She will teach you how to lay your paper pattern onto the fabric, cut your skirt out and then guide you through every stage till you complete your finished sewn garment.
ABOUT THE TUTOR:
Steph has over 35 years of experience with sewing and making things and is keen to share her love of making and creating, so please join her for the chance to learn, make and grow.
Steph provides the pattern with size options of size 10 -22. If you are a size that it outside of these please contact me before booking this class.
MATERIALS THAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- 2 meters of medium weight cotton fabric for your skirt. You will have some fabric left but you can use this to make something to co-ordinate when you get home.
- Sewing machine (please ensure it works. If you don't have a sewing machine, it may be possible to rent one from me but please contact me first to confirm).
- Pen and pencil.
- Hand sewing needles and some pins.
- Thread to match the fabric you have chosen.
- Sharp scissors, preferably a small pair and a large pair, for cutting out fabric.
£85.00 (plus booking fee)
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on Book Your Space