Sat, 09 Mar|
Intermediate Sewing Machine Day – Make a Felt Basket and a Travel Jewellery/Sewing Case.
Time & Location
09 Mar 2024, 10:15 – 16:00
Shenley Wood, Foxcovert Rd, Shenley Wood, Milton Keynes MK5 6AA, UK
About the Event
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
This is an intermediate sewing day exploring working with different fabrics, namely felt and linens.
This day is for those who are confident using their sewing machine but would like to explore more. You may have completed Beginners with Steph previously, however, if you are unsure whether you are skilled enough for this class, please contact her directly via firstname.lastname@example.org
During the 5-hour day (half an hour is allowed for lunch and a bit of time either end of the day for set up and clear up) you will be immersing yourself in the joy of creativity, ditching perfectionism and embracing the fun of creating.
During the day you will…
· You will explore sewing with felt and linens.
· Steph will teach you to do a buttonhole on your machine.
· You will make and complete a felt basket and travel jewellery/sewing case
· Steph will guide you through every step in this relaxed, informal and fun class
ABOUT THE TUTOR:
Steph has over 35 years of experience with sewing and making things and is keen to share her love of making and creating, so please join her for the chance to learn, make and grow.
All fabrics are provided for your day of sewing. Felt, linen, Interfacing and waddings.
MATERIALS THAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Sewing machine (kindly ensure it works. If you don't have a sewing machine, it may be possible to rent one from me but please contact me first to confirm).
- Pencil and pen.
- Hand sewing needles and some pins
- Thread, white will do for most items we make on the day but bring other colours if you have them.
- Sharp scissors, preferably a small pair and a large pair for cutting out fabric.
£83.00 (plus booking fee)
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on Book Your Space