Sat, 12 Oct|
Intermediate Up-cycling Sewing Machine Day
This is an intermediate sewing day exploring up-cycling fabrics and sustainability.
Time & Location
12 Oct 2024, 10:15 – 16:00
Shenley Wood, Foxcovert Rd, Shenley Wood, Milton Keynes MK5 6AA, UK
About the Event
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
This day is for those who are confident using their sewing machine but would like to explore up-cycling and living more sustainably. You may have completed Beginners with Steph previously, however, if you are unsure whether you are skilled enough for this class, please contact her directly via firstname.lastname@example.org. During the 5-hour day (half an hour is allowed for lunch and a bit of time either end of the day for set up and clear up) you will be immersing yourself in the joy of creativity, ditching perfectionism and embracing the fun of creating.
During the day you will…
· You will explore sewing with upcycled fabrics, using velvets and decorative trims.
· Steph will teach you to make a tassel.
· You will make a lined evening clutch bag with a zip. Steph will show you how to insert a zip.
· You will also make a Christmas stocking.
· Steph will guide you through every step in this relaxed, informal and fun class.
ABOUT THE TUTOR:
Steph has over 35 years of experience with sewing and making things and is keen to share her love of making and creating, so please join her for the chance to learn, make and grow.
All fabrics (upcycled and new), zips, ribbons, interfacing etc.. are provided for your day of sewing.
MATERIALS THAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Sewing machine
- Pencil and pen.
- Hand sewing needles and some pins
- Thread, white will do for most items we make on the day but bring other colours if you have them.
- Sharp scissors, preferably a small pair and a large pair for cutting out fabric.
£80.00 (plus booking fee)
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on Book Your Space